The Hatchery is an advertising agency based in Victoria, BC focused on delivering creative, high-quality brands and digital experiences.
Psssst, are you a senior graphic designer, a digital marketer or front end developer looking for a change? We're hiring! We offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, and a pretty great work environment. Check out our current openings below, if you feel you'd be a good fit, drop us a line and let us know why!
Oh, and when applying for a position please include your resume, cover letter and portfolio if possible.
SENIOR DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIST
We're seeking a senior digital marketing strategist to develop, implement, track and optimize digital marketing tactics and campaigns across all digital channels. 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing is a must. A strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies is required, as well as the ability to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Plan and execute web, SEO/SEM, CRM, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Build and maintain our social media presence in conjunction with our creative team
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with clients and agency partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Minimum 3-5 years in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, CRM, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Excellent professional communication
- Good cultural fit for our team
Senior Graphic Designer
We’re growing quickly and are looking for a full time senior graphic designer. We require at least 5 years of graphic/interaction design experience with agency experience (i.e. fast-paced, eclectic client mix, working with other designers, getting shut down by clients sometimes) a huge plus.
With a number of large brand engagements, ongoing website/interaction design and our own internal brand to keep up with, we require at least 5 years of graphic/interaction design experience with agency experience (i.e. fast-paced, eclectic client mix, working with other designers, getting shut down by clients sometimes) a huge plus.
We are hoping to fill this position immediately, the sooner the better. A positive attitude, a willingness to lead by example, and an ability to communicate with and manage remote clients are all part of the job so please be ready!
- Graphic design experience (Minimum 5 years)
- A diploma or degree in graphic design or equivalent (and proven) work experience
- Experience defining corporate brands and collateral rollout (Minimum 3 years)
- Experience planning and designing websites is a must (3 years minimum)
- Expert with Adobe CC suite of products (Specifically Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign)
- Experience with Sketch is a bonus
- Experience in print production and management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to self-manage projects internally and externally (Contractors, clients, suppliers)
- Basic understanding of G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive)
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure
Bonus Points for:
- Intermediate understanding of photography
- Experience shooting and editing video
- Strong traditional skills like drawing and painting
- Having run your own business or worked as a freelancer in the past
We’re a young agency with many years of past-life experience. We’re growing quickly and have maintained a well-balanced approach to our work and work philosophies. Only experienced designers with strong portfolios will be considered at this time.
Front End Developer