We’re looking for a few good people to help us make great things.
When can you start?
Are you a web developer looking for a change? We're hiring! We offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, and a pretty great work environment. Check out our current openings below, if you feel you'd be a good fit, feel free to drop us a line.
We’re growing again and are looking for a full time web developer. With a number of ongoing custom website builds, we require at least 2 years experience of front end web development and an advanced understanding of Wordpress and Shopify.
We are hoping to fill this position immediately, the sooner the better. A positive attitude, a willingness to lead by example, and an ability to communicate with and manage remote clients are all part of the job so please be ready!
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a web development role.
- Experience working with WordPress and creating custom themes or plugins.
and ES6), and build tools (familiar with Gulp or Webpack)
- Strong understanding of modern web development principles such as grids, responsive design, progressive enhancement, etc.
- Detail oriented and able to work with designers to implement mockups into functioning websites, including Sketch, Adobe XD, and Figma skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to self-manage projects internally and externally (contractors, clients, suppliers).
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
Bonus Points for:
- A diploma or degree related to web development.
- Experience working with a JS framework such as React, Vue, or Angular.
- Experience creating custom Gutenberg WordPress blocks.
- Experience using twig templating language.
- Experience with backend development (databases, server architecture, PHP).
- Having run your own business or worked as a freelancer in the past.
We’re growing quickly and have maintained a well-balanced approach to our work and work philosophies. Only experienced developers with strong work samples will be considered at this time.
Helping you look out for number one; yourself.
We don’t all work the same and shouldn’t be expected to. Although we keep somewhat regular hours - start times, end times and appointments are always on your clock, not ours. Have to make an emergency run to the school ground? No worries, make it up when you can.
It’s hard to work with a toothache or a sore lower back, something we’ve learned the hard way in past lives. All full-time employees have access to a benefits plan including the usual suspects (life insurance and disability) as well as a comprehensive extended benefits and dental plan through Manulife Insurance.
Here at The Hatchery, we’ve always believed in a remote work environment (even before that silly virus). With employees across Canada, most of us work from the comfort of our home offices using tools like Teamwork, Slack and Google Workspace to communicate between ourselves and with our clients.
We believe balancing work and life is not only important, it’s actually doable. Not feeling well? Take a day off. Need that extra vacation? Take it if you can. Although 3 weeks of vacation and a bonus week during the holidays are included in full-time employment, we encourage our employees to take time when they need it.
If you have your team’s back when they need it, they’ll have yours too.