We’re looking for a few good people to help us make great things.
When can you start?
Are you a UI or graphic designer? Maybe a web developer looking for a change? We're hiring! We offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, and a pretty great work environment. Check out our current openings below, if you feel you'd be a good fit, feel free to drop us a line.
We’re growing again and are looking for a full time web developer. With a number of ongoing custom website builds, we require at least 3 years experience of front end web development and an advanced understanding of Wordpress and Shopify.
We are hoping to fill this position immediately, the sooner the better. A positive attitude, a willingness to lead by example, and an ability to communicate with and manage remote clients are all part of the job so please be ready!
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a web development role.
- Experience working with WordPress and creating custom themes or plugins.
and ES6), and build tools (familiar with Gulp or Webpack).
- Strong understanding of modern web development principles such as grids, responsive design, progressive enhancement, etc.
- Detail oriented and able to work with designers to implement mockups into functioning websites, including Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to self-manage projects internally and externally (contractors, clients, suppliers).
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Bonus Points for:
- A diploma or degree related to web development.
- Familiarity with React or Vue including using Gatsby, Next.js, Nuxt.js.
- Having written GraphQL queries.
- Having built a headless website using Jamstack architecture.
- Experience creating custom Gutenberg WordPress blocks.
- Experience using twig templating language.
- Having run your own business or worked as a freelancer in the past.
We’re growing quickly and have maintained a well-balanced approach to our work and work philosophies. Only experienced developers with strong work samples will be considered at this time.
We are looking for an experienced designer who is well-versed in designing excellent websites/web applications and has a solid understanding of proper UX and UI design.
The Hatchery is an agency based in Victoria, BC with a team in Winnipeg, MB focused on delivering creative, high-quality brands, websites and digital experiences.
With a number of large, custom websites and web applications as well as a few new branding engagements on the go (as well as our own internal brand to keep up with), we require at least 3 years of experience. The role requires a solid understanding of both UX/UI design as well as experience in graphic design. Creating wireframes, UI kits, as well as conceptualizing and designing all website pages will be the majority of your day-to-day job with a new brand identity once in a while to mix it up.
We offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, and a great (remote!) work environment. We’re growing quickly and have maintained a well-balanced approach to our work and work philosophies. Only experienced applicants with strong portfolios will be considered at this time.
- 3 or more years of experience in a competitive, related industry
- 3 or more years creating wireframes, UI kits and designing websites
- 3 or more years of graphic design & print production
- Intermediate+ experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A strong portfolio representing your individual work (if part of a team, give credit where it’s due)
- Solid understanding of modern web development principles such as grids, responsive design, progressive enhancement, etc.
- Detail oriented and able to work with developers to implement mockups into functioning websites
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure
Bonus Points for:
- Experience prototyping websites or web applications
- Graphic design & print production experience
- Strong traditional skills like drawing and painting
- Having run your own business or worked as a freelancer in the past
We are hoping to fill this position immediately. A proactive attitude, willingness to be mentored and the ability to think critically are all part of the job, so please be ready!
Helping you look out for number one; yourself.
We don’t all work the same and shouldn’t be expected to. Although we keep somewhat regular hours - start times, end times and appointments are always on your clock, not ours. Have to make an emergency run to the school ground? No worries, make it up when you can.
It’s hard to work with a toothache or a sore lower back, something we’ve learned the hard way in past lives. All full-time employees have access to a benefits plan including the usual suspects (life insurance and disability) as well as a comprehensive extended benefits and dental plan through Manulife Insurance.
Here at The Hatchery, we’ve always believed in a remote work environment (even before that silly virus). With employees across Canada, most of us work from the comfort of our home offices using tools like Teamwork, Slack and Google Workspace to communicate between ourselves and with our clients.
We believe balancing work and life is not only important, it’s actually doable. Not feeling well? Take a day off. Need that extra vacation? Take it if you can. Although 3 weeks of vacation and a bonus week during the holidays are included in full-time employment, we encourage our employees to take time when they need it.
If you have your team’s back when they need it, they’ll have yours too.